Leah M's Reviews > Moon Over Soho

Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch

I really enjoyed this book, although I was expecting to. This series always makes me think of what it would have been like if Harry Potter grew up never realizing he was a wizard, and only discovered his abilities after joining London's Metropolitan Police. I guess that's why it is especially amusing at the liberal sprinkling of references to Harry Potter throughout the book.

Peter has continued on with his training as an apprentice, and is starting to get a little stronger in his abilities ... just a little. I love the magic system and how it overlaps with the urban world of London. The characters that were so endearing, and some that weren't quite as endearing made a welcome reappearance in Book 2 of the series.

The humor that ran throughout the book had me laughing out loud. It was a nice mix of outright funny and dry British humor, which I have a great appreciation for. I definitely look forward to seeing where this series goes, since I will absolutely be reading more of these books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Over Soho.

January 15, 2020 – Shelved