Cindy's Reviews > The Scent of Cherry Blossoms

The Scent of Cherry Blossoms by Cindy Woodsmall

Apr 17, 2012

Annie Martin is struggling greatly with how much her family is changing. In fact she is very upset because it seems even her Mamm is not following the ways of their Old Order Mennonite congregation, when she questions, she is sent to stay with her Daadi Moses in Apple Ridge.

For Annie Apple Ridge is and has always been a place of happiness. Probably because it takes her away from the stressful situation at home, and she loves her grand father. But there is more than that, there is Aden Zook.

Aden Zook is forbidden, he is partner with her grandfather in the resturant, however he is Old Order Amish and both congregations forbid the intermarrying of the two Plain Sects. This visit is different though, it is obvious that she and Aden have feeling for each other, and there is much opposition, and they have to come to decisions that can change their lives forever.

I enjoyed this book so much, it was so enjoyable. Cindy Woodsmall has taken a story of two Plain Sects and combined them into a story that will keep you reading until you finish it. I laughed and cried with our tow young people as they tried to come to the right decisions for their family and for themselves.

191 pages US $14.99 Hardback 4 stars

This book was won in a drawing and was so enjoyable I chose to review it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scent of Cherry Blossoms.