Delia's Reviews > Shaman, Healer, Heretic

Shaman, Healer, Heretic by M. Terry Green

Apr 17, 2012

Right off the bat I'd like to say this book is in a class of its own. I literally have nothing to compare it to because even after googling Techno-Shaman I got next to nothing. M. Terry Green has succeeded in creating a completely original theme in a genre that is saturated with werewolves, vampires, demons and even angels.

Now I will say I was a little lost for the first few chapters. Since I know little to nothing about Shamanism I spent some time scratching my head going "huh?" but but the third chapter I figured out what was going on and was glad I stuck it out. Livvy is a techno-shaman who is just getting by. Getting jobs through her handler SK she arrives at clients houses to preform spiritual healing. These healing rituals involve Livvy taking a trip to the multiverse using special googles that replace the drugs of the past. A profession steeped in tradition, the shamans are not supposed to have contact with one another only with handlers like SK.

The trouble arrises when other Shamans begin to have trouble waking up, and one even ends up dead. Livvy and her newfound friends have to figure out a way to heal the multiverse or else they will never be able to help heal people again. Livvy must break some age old rules in order to find some answers.

M. Terry Green has done an excellent job weaving a world so close to reality it could be true. This really is an excellent Urban Fantasy Novel and worth the read. After showing the novel to a few friends the only feedback I got was that the name of the novel wasn't very catchy. The cover art is beautiful and eye catching though. If you are looking for a change of pace from the normal Urban Fantasy this novel is the one for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shaman, Healer, Heretic.

April 17, 2012 – Started Reading