Shantala (Shanaya Tales)'s Reviews > Say Yes to the Marquess

Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare

bookshelves: 2020, romance, historical-romance, audiobook

From never having read this genre to reading 2 regency romances (and onto my third) in a matter of a week - I am officially a fan. Of the genre, of this author.

I love the way she writes her heroes, but her heroines are something else altogether. They are just as sweet as they are smart, and exude this quiet sort of strength, which I really admire. And Miss Clio Whitmore was no exception.

This story is a classic case of opposites attract, with a smaller side trope of childhood friends turned lovers & forbidden love track thrown in.

I really enjoyed the premise, as well as the banter & the chemistry between the lead pair.

My only (relatively minor) quibbles are regarding a few scenes that felt like they were forcefully inserted to take the story in a certain direction without exploring the consequences of some actions (in terms of how they will impact / be viewed by the other characters like her sisters etc). Which is especially disappointing because this wasn't necessary. The story could have played out exactly the same way, without these forceful inserts. And with more communication between the characters.

That being said, these are minor quibbles. They were mildly annoying but did not take away from my enjoyment of the book. Which I still definitely recommend if you are looking for a good regency romance. Check out this series. Start with Book #1 - Romancing The Duke.

- Shantala @ Shanaya Tales

Blog | Facebook | Bookish Tweeting | My Bookstagram | Bookish Pinning
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Say Yes to the Marquess.

January 13, 2020 – Started Reading