Cory B's Reviews > Watch the Skies

Watch the Skies by James Patterson

Apr 17, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: youth

** spoiler alert ** It wasn't as good as the first. It did have some strong points. I enjoy Mr. Patterson's writing because there is a lot of humor in his work. However, I don't know if Judy Blue Eyes was essential to the plot. It helped Daniel figure something out with mind control (it's not as weird as I just made it sound), but otherwise there was no need for romance. In these two books, Daniel's fallen in love with a girl besides Dana, his dream girl, and had it bite him in the end. But really, what's the point of Dana if he's going to keep shoving her away and replacing her with other girls? Daniel has a messed up mind. Literally.
Otherwise, I liked the villain. His flair for theatrics was fun to read. The evil plot was good; although very sickening (using humans as breeders through caviar? Come on) I guess this is three stars, because, in general, the plot wasn't as good as the first one. Although it was good, not as good. I'm a little concerned about the next one. :S Oh well. A good read, I would suggest the first one over this one, but what person reads the books n a series out of order? :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Watch the Skies.

April 17, 2012 – Started Reading