Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah*'s Reviews > Running with the Demon

Running with the Demon by Terry Brooks

Apr 17, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy-science-fiction
Recommended for: fans of urban fantasy, Terry Brooks fans

I've been slowly but surely making my way through all of Terry Brooks' novels, and I have to say that this is my favorite, thus far. I love his Shannara and Landover series, but for some reason this delightful urban fantasy really captured my interest hard! I loved all the chracters, the setting was beautiful and described in detail (I've visited my cousin in the Midwest before so it was really great to read about it) and the twists and turns in the storyline really kept me guessing until the very end. I also really liked the discussions of 'good and evil'. It wasn't preachy or even very religous, but I still came away from the story with a very real sense of right and wrong. It reminded me a bit of Dean Koontz's writing actually! I am very much looking forward to reading the next book in the trilogy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running with the Demon.

April 17, 2012 – Started Reading
April 17, 2012 – Shelved
April 18, 2012 –
page 55
April 18, 2012 –
page 105
April 22, 2012 – Shelved as: fantasy-science-fiction
April 22, 2012 – Finished Reading

Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah* Really? That's awesome! I am loving it so far! It's very different from his other books! :)

Branwen Sedai *of the White Ajah* *pokes* Yes, you did! I should listen to you more often! :P