Jason's Reviews > Delirium

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

I just saw this in the bookstore and started reading and didn't stop until I was done. Then I saw that it was one of Amazon's Best of the Month and felt happy that others would experience this book too (though then I read another of their BotM and was disappointed). I'm a sucker for dystopian fiction, but the writing, the concept, and the emotion are just really, really well done. I'm excited to read the next month, but too bad that it's going to be twelve months between books; lame. And it was great that while it makes perfect SENSE for it to have a sequel, and I totally want to read it, it wasn't one of those annoying books that seems written for the sole purpose of setting up a series without much substance of its own. I think Lauren Oliver may be right behind Sarah Dessen as the YA author whose name on a forthcoming book would get me most excited. It's also been optioned, so I hope this book is a success enough for that to happen, and they can cast..um, Saoirse Ronan since that's the only teenage actress I am really a fan of. But she is really awesome.

ETA: I no longer think Oliver is amazing, but I still like this book specifically a lot.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delirium.

03/20/2016 marked as: read