AnnaBanana's Reviews > Close Enough to Touch

Close Enough to Touch by Victoria Dahl

Apr 16, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary
Read from July 12 to 17, 2012

Talk about one sexy read! Victoria Dahl has dazzled me again with another fantastic story full of humor, a good bit of drama and some more of her smokin’ hot characters! As always her writing is fabulous, the story line is one of my favorites from her, her characters were well thought out, totally lovable and beyond hilarious!

Grace and Cole were such a great couple to read about. Both are essentially beaten down by life and pretty jaded by their pasts and in no way were they looking for a relationship. Cole is the sexy cowboy but he was injured while working and now he doesn’t know if he’ll ever be able to ride again, which would ruin his plans to own his own ranch in the future. And then there is Grace with her really bad view of men, thanks to her idiot ex, who caused her to lose her dream job as a make-up stylist in Hollywood. These two meet at Grace’s aunts apartment building, dubbed the Stud Farm by the town people because the only people she’ll allow to live there are good looking single men. The two apart were great characters but when you put them together they really made the story. The banter between the two was so funny, the love scenes were sizzling and then with all of the drama (and there is plenty in this one) really made this a fun read. And have I mentioned the two were smokin' hot together?!?! ;)

The secondary characters were pretty entertaining too, especially Shane and Grace's aunt Rayleen, who owns the apartment building. She always managed to interrupt at the worst times. I really hope he's in the next book in this series, if there is a next book? He's a man I want to read about, if you know what I mean. Rayleen, wow, that woman was mean but that's what made her so funny. Her comments towards everyone kept me laughing throughout the entire book. She doesn't like anyone unless they're male, built and have a pretty face, but only if they keep their mouths shut and are single. She really was quite the character.

I give this book 5 Stars and recommend all Contemporary Romance lovers to check it out, especially those who like a little, ok maybe a lot, of humor with their sexy romances. I always look forward to new books from Victoria Dahl and I always enjoy her style of writing and this one was no different! I'm excited to finding out more about these characters in future books in this series (hopefully that will be soon) and see where she takes them. It's sure to be one of my favorite series ever!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Close Enough to Touch.

07/14/2012
30.0% "I didn't realize how much I needed a Victoria Dahl book! I've missed her sense of humor and her fun characters, so happy I got to read this early!"
07/15/2012