Shelby Petrie's Reviews > Requiem

Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Ok so I found this book to be my second favorite in the series. I still love the first one because, well it HAS Alex in it. The ending wasn't as big or good as I hoped it would be, I hated Julian and I was more than happy when he was kinda shoved out of Lena's heart in the end, but she still wasn't sure who to pick. *cough* Alex *cough*. I loved all the action in this book and cried multiple times. This is one of my favorite love stories because it actually opened my eyes and showed me what love really means, that it's just not another feeling or word we coexist next to every day.
So I wanna talk about the ending. I feel like Oliver was actually trying to convey a meaning in the way her series ended even though it left us confused. Here is my idea:
In the moment, we don’t know where our lives will lead us and we don’t know how things could change tomorrow. But when you’re at a good place, you just have to revel in that moment and let everything come as it may.

None the less I think it was still good but the first book: Delirium will ALWAYS be my favorite.(:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem.

April 16, 2012 – Shelved
March 5, 2013 – Started Reading
June 7, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Tawnya (new) - added it

Tawnya Please add spoiler alert to beginning of your review!!

Shelby Petrie Oops I edited it, must of deleted it. Thanks for the warning!

Shelby YOU ARE RIGHT: ALEX IS PERFECTION. She shouldn't have gone looking for someone else. UGHHH!! LENA!!

Shelby Petrie Shelby wrote: "YOU ARE RIGHT: ALEX IS PERFECTION. She shouldn't have gone looking for someone else. UGHHH!! LENA!!"

I know! I read Hana and it was very good. Id still choose Alex even if he were dead lol

Andrea I totally agree with you !!!! ALEX IS PERFECT!! I hope Lena is not stupid and chooses that Julian ugh...

Shelby Petrie Andrea wrote: "I totally agree with you !!!! ALEX IS PERFECT!! I hope Lena is not stupid and chooses that Julian ugh..."

I know! I hate Julian. He's nothing compared to Alex. He would never risk his life like Alex did, he would run away screaming like the girl he is lol

Shelby Shelby wrote: "Andrea wrote: "I totally agree with you !!!! ALEX IS PERFECT!! I hope Lena is not stupid and chooses that Julian ugh..."

I know! I hate Julian. He's nothing compared to Alex. He would never risk ..."

hahaha! You are right about that!! Julian is a COWARD.