Ashley's Reviews > Love Me at Sunset

Love Me at Sunset by Lucinda Whitney

Story of Redemption and Growth

This was a sweet romance about two characters, Afonso Cortez, a musician (who was introduced in the second book in the series on Matias’s ship), and Catarina Romano, an aspiring interior designer. Catarina is a cousin to Jacinta from book 1 and Matias from book 2. This can for sure be read alone without reading others in the series but I loved how the 4 I have read so far all come together with familiar characters making an appearance (I read book 4 first). Catarina has lots of secrets. Afonso is fresh out of prison and learning who to trust. Matias sets him up with a cousin for a job doing yard work for a dilapidated mansion. He meets a young woman as she is throwing up in a bush out front. His new boss leaves almost immediately, he wants Afonso to keep an eye out and help out the grieving cousin who was recently widowed, which turns out to be the young woman who was throwing up outside. This follows their love story including a big suspenseful adventure. They both have to learn to share their truths and lives quite literally depend on them sharing the skeletons in the closet. I highly recommend this story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Me at Sunset.

January 11, 2020 – Shelved