Lyndon's Reviews > After the Sky

After the Sky by Milo James Fowler

bookshelves: ebook

After the Sky (book 1 in Spirits of the Earth series) by my friend Milo James Fowler is pretty darn good. It's a "Post Apocalyptic Tale with a Paranormal Twist" according the publisher, Aethon Books. That's an apt description. I liken it to "The Silos of Wool meets World War Z" - and I'm pretty sure it will appeal to fans of Wool, Stephen King or Dean Koontz, and The Walking Dead.

At a nice and solid 400 pages, you'll get to spend some time with this motley crew of heroes - and you'll want to. There are multiple points-of-view and timeframes, so the storyline takes some attention. Fowler is a good plotter, however, and you'll be rewarded with an engrossing tale that will leave you wanting to read the rest of the books in the series. Recommended.

(Disclaimer: Yes, I got a free ARC from the publisher, but I also bought it as a pre-order, check my Verified Purchase tag! ;-).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After the Sky.

January 11, 2020 – Started Reading
January 11, 2020 – Shelved
January 11, 2020 –
33.0% "The Silos of Wool meet World War Z. Though I'm only a third of the way through, so that could change. I'm reading an ARC but will likely give this a two thumbs up when I'm finished. If you enjoy post-apocalyptic scenarios (with a twist), then you'll quite enjoy this aftermath novel. Even if you don't gravitate toward the nuclear winter genre, Fowler's take is worth reading."
January 16, 2020 –
50.0% "This book releases the end of January. I'm reading an ARC and will get a review up then. Good so far!"
January 20, 2020 –
75.0% "Pre-release is only 99 cents and includes free audible I think. I'm really enjoying the arc I was given. Full review when I'm done."
January 27, 2020 – Shelved as: ebook