Mái Medina's Reviews > The Wife and the Widow

The Wife and the Widow by Christian  White

bookshelves: mystery-thriller

Christian White's novel "The Nowhere Child" was my favourite thriller book I read last year. So, my expectations were very high for his new book The Wife and the Widow". Was I disappointed? NO! I can't believe he did it again! It was soo good and captivating that I had a hard time putting it down at 2.30am... I read until the book fell flat on my chest with my eye closing against my will.

As the title says, in this book we follow two women, the wife and the widow. Both are dealing with heavy family drama that unravelled after a body was found at the beach of Belport, a small town island in Victoria. In a small town, rumors travel fast, secrets are never really secrets and when I crime has been committed, someone must know something.

I loved the twist of this book... but I have to admit, I had to draw a little diagram to follow the connections between all the characters. Soooo Good!

P.S Thank you Christian, for such an amazing read. Can't wait to read more from you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wife and the Widow.

January 10, 2020 – Shelved