Daphne's Reviews > Entice

bookshelves: not-your-typical-paranormal, ya-romance, honestly-i-skimmed-it
Recommended to Daphne by: NOOK
Recommended for: pixie-fairie lovers
Read on April 16, 2012

I really liked the first one. It was a recommendation from my NOOK and I bought the second one on my NOOK immediately following the first one (which I don't often do, I usually wait a little bit before I read a sequel). I wasn't as crazy about the second one. I really got annoyed with Zara and Nick in that one. What happened to hear chanting the phobias? I kinda liked that quirky side of her in the first one. What I did like (a whole lot) in the second one is Astley. Can I get a team Astley shirt anywhere? JK.
So I bought book 3 Entice at the actual book store, and I must say I had high hopes for it. (Would anyone like it? It's in brand new condition, I have terrible guilt over half heartedly reading it.) I know there will be another one after this but I still had high hopes. (I must insert here that most third books in a series of four or more have tended to disappoint. Case in point books 3 in the Fallen and Hush Hush series'.) Let's just say a root canal would have been more fun. I considered chucking it altogether but because of my fondness for Astley I gave it the old Skim-Thru. I won't go into story detail because frankly you can skip the book altogether if you read the book description.
I am glad I didn't waste a lot of time on it. I don't care for Nick and Zara together, that is not my choice for her but I honestly can't tell which direction the author will go. It's a crap shoot at this point.
I guess I will read the last one, but only because somewhere deep down I have a thing for tall, blonde, golden skinned, pixie-kings.
One note of kudos though, the book covers for this series are beautiful, and to see in a print book over e-book is gorgeous.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entice.