Susan's Reviews > Sunrise Point

Sunrise Point by Robyn Carr

Apr 16, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-books-read, romance
Read in April, 2012

Another satisfying trip to Virgin River. I liked both Tom and Nora. Nora has been one of my favorites from the time she showed up in Virgin River. I liked the way she was determined to give her girls the best life she could. She had no problem working hard to get what she needed, and wasn't the type to be happy taking charity. She was, perhaps, a little too independent at times, refusing to take any kind of help. Tom was a great guy too. I liked the fact that he realized how much he missed home and came back to take over running the orchard. It was very obvious that he was happy doing the work. He also decided it was time to start looking for a wife and had very definite ideas of what he was looking for. When Nora started working at the orchard, he didn't think she would be able to do the work. The more he saw of her, the more he was impressed, but he still didn't think she was what he was looking for in a wife, even though he found himself attracted to her more and more. I wanted to hit him with a 2 x 4 when he started looking at Darla - ugh! I found the way that he took to the kids just wonderful - and perfectly logical in the way that it was a slow process. I also liked the way that Nora was able to reconnect with her father - also a slow process. It was obvious that he cared a lot, but also that he admitted to his faults from the past. I loved seeing other characters, and seeing bits of what was happening with them too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunrise Point.