Jenn's Reviews > Point of Retreat

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Apr 16, 2012

bookshelves: books-worth-reading-twice, kindle, boardingschools-college
Read from April 19 to 20, 2012

It was BUTTERFLYING fantastic! I loved the new poetry slams in this book. I loved Will's swoon worthy slam to Lake called Because of You. I loved Kiersten's powerful slam that helps her to stand up to school bullies. I loved Caulder's heart warming slam to his brother Will. I love how Lake, Will, Kel and Caulder make a family unit and how they adopt in Gavin, Eddie, Sherry and Kiersten, proof that blood doesn't always make up family. And what a beautiful family they all make up together. I LOVED that this book made me laugh, made me sad, made me cry and then made me happy all over again. I LOVE that this book makes me want to start Will and Lake's story all over again from book one. I LOVED when they ended their nights together at the dinner table that they ended it with SUCK and SWEET. (READ the book to find out what this means.) Lastly, I LOVE how I will never look at the word butterfly the same way again and I know that when the next time I see that word that I'm positive it will make me giggle.

Well heck, I forgot to add that I really loved the creativeness of having the mother leave behind quotes for Lake and Will in the shapes of stars when they needed her advice. It makes me want to do something like that for my own daughters when they grow up and leave the nest.

One last final note: I hope that some lucky woman out there finds herself a true life WILL.

When I picture Will this is who I picture.
my link text

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Point of Retreat.

Quotes Jenn Liked

Colleen Hoover
“If I were a carpenter, I would build you a window to my soul. But I would leave that window shut and locked, so that every time you tried to look through it all you would see is your own reflection. You would see that my soul is a reflection of you.”
Colleen Hoover, Point of Retreat

04/19/2012
22.0% "Happy butterflying Birthday Kel. Ha! The whole butterfly word has just taken on a whole new funny meaning to me."
04/20/2012
65.0% "I LOVED Will's poem to Lake called "Because of You". That's one swoooooon worthy poem!!" 8 comments

♥Rachel♥ Yep, that picture is perfect, Jenn! My image for Will now. :)

Jenn Yay! :o) I liked him a lot too ;o)

Aman OMG Ian Harding is exactly who I pictured as Will from the beginning :)

Jenn Sweet! He's perfect :)