Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*'s Reviews > Sela

Sela by Jackie Gamber

Apr 16, 2012

Awesome awesome awesome! I really liked Redheart but i totally fall in love with Sela. Not only the author grows but same goes for the world and characters of Leland.

I said before, that the dragons in those series are amazing. A world fully created with certain ideas. mythology, history. Here i loved them even more. The previous book was darker in the aspect of dragons, and we even had a dragon as the main hero. Here they get a secondary role, which show us a different aspect and version of them. Of course, it's been some years after the events of the first book and you also get to see how they changed.

I liked Sela more than Redheart for many reasons. You get to see a little more of the Leland world. You follow more characters (some old ones and some new ones) and you get to see more of the humans and their world. It has more action and adventure. It has more mystery and it's more funny too. In general, the book is in a whole different level from the previous. From writing style, to story..everything seems like it leveled up. It got me in from the first chapter, and gave an originality to the world i knew.

And as for the characters. I liked all of them for different reasons. There are strong, fun, naive, clever, annoying, mean, ordinary characters. So many to connect with, and once again Kallon was my favorite along with Sela.

I could talk about the book, and each character and idea for hours. It made such a good impression to me. And it's definitely one of my favorite dragon books, exactly down under Eon & Eona which are the first (sorry Mr. Paolini..but it totally wins Eragon) ^^

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sela.

April 16, 2012 – Started Reading