Ivana's Reviews > Tallis

bookshelves: for-review, blog-tour
Read in May, 2012

-more like 3.5 stars
-review originally posted at Willing to See Less

I had some difficulties getting into Tallis, since it pretty much dives straight into the main conflict. I couldn't follow the story and forgot character names. Since it's so short (55 pages in pdf), there wasn't much world building or character development, not even much story background. Instead, the reader is given a snippet of the story set right before a turning point.

Halfway through, I really started to enjoy it. Some things became clearer and I found myself fretting over the choices Tallis was going to make. It became so easy to get lost in it, and I was heartbroken-and on the edge of my seat-by the time the epic ending came.

Tallis was my favorite character. She is distant, cold on the outside as it's appropriate for her high position. But whenever she was near Tarameen, she was caring and loving and the totally opposite of the strong immortal who has to take the throne. Also, she refuse to be simply a tool for the prophecy and insists on being the only master of her soul and heart, and makes her choices accordingly. As for the language and writing, it's rich and wonderfully complimenting the story. Great job!

As you can tell from my review, my only complaint is that it's too short! I didn't want to part with the characters. It's a book that completely sucks you in. If you're a fan of high fantasy, make room on your shelf for Tallis!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tallis.