Matt's Reviews > Dead Beat

Dead Beat by Jim Butcher

bookshelves: highly-recommend, read-again

I haven't been posting reviews for the Dresden books I've been reading. Its not from lack of enjoyment, I'm definitely hooked on Harry Dresden. It helps that these books take place in Chicago, my favorite city. The books have been around since April 2000 (in fact the 16th book comes out this July). I just assumed everyone has already read or heard about these books so writing a review seemed superfluous. However I'm committed to writing more book reviews this year so here goes.

I can see why this book is the favorite of many Dresden fans. I've been in love with Harry Dresden's wit since Storm Front but there's more to love than his personality in this book. I'm not going to plunge into too many details because I don't want to ruin anything. Basically Harry agrees, reluctantly, to another dangerous case (from an even more dangerous person) and you wonder, the entire book, how he's going to survive this one. All I can say is Bob plays an awesome role in the outcome. There are a few other twists and surprises in this book that I'm not going to mention so you'll just have to read to find out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Beat.

January 9, 2020 – Started Reading