Ellyn → Allonsythornraxx's Reviews > Crazy Rich Asians

29281984

bookshelves: dnf

17/01/2020
DNF roughly 40-50% in
I recently watched the movie and had a lot of fun with it, I thought the characters were all really fun and interesting so I decided to try out the book (listening via the audiobook) but unfortunately, this was a total bust for me. This wasn't keeping my attention at all and I wasn't listening to more than 1 or 2 chapters at a time (on 2.20x speed) before putting it down. I just wasn't enjoying it at all. It was too judgy and for lack of a better word, "controversial" for me. There was too much bitching about other people and honestly, putting people down just for the sake of it. This might be what a lot of other people enjoy because I know this is popular, but I'm not much a tea sipper myself, so I don't think I'll ever pick this up again to try and finish it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Rich Asians.

January 9, 2020 – Started Reading
January 9, 2020 – Shelved
January 9, 2020 – Shelved as: lowkey-tbr
January 10, 2020 –
20.0% "I am sorry to say this really isn't catching my attention at all and I keep zoning out. Also, check out Trina's review for TW [link] bc there are quite a few.
TW - There is also a negative/judgemental comment about autism earlier in the book"
January 17, 2020 – Shelved as: dnf