Maria Thomas's Reviews > For the Magic

For the Magic by Donna K. Weaver

U 50x66
I enjoy the Twickenham series. This one felt more serious to me. It dealt with a man crazed by lost love and people having to heal from burns that without the fae magic would have killed them. It didn't feel as light as others in the series. Not necessarily a good or bad thing. It just is.
Reading it made me wish that fae magic was real and could actually help people through painful recoveries. I actually think that this might be difficult to read for anyone who has suffered from burns.
I liked the main characters and that there was a bit of a mystery involved in the story.
I listened to the audio version of this book and think I would have enjoyed it better had I just read it. The narrator's interpretation of voices did not match what I had in my mind at all. Lady Ellen sounded too young to me (maybe 13?) and Aunt Nellie sounded too old and stodgy. I always envision her as more playful and perhaps a little on the dottie side. The author said she had a twinkle in her eye pretty often but I didn't hear it in her voice. It might match other people's interpretations though. Just not mine.
Still, the story is good and even though I'm not typically a fan of time travel novels I do find it fun to try to understand how time is a fuzzball and how any of this could work.
Sex: no
Language: no
Violence: arson
*I received a complimentary audiobook and voluntarily chose to review it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For the Magic.

January 7, 2020 – Started Reading