Douglas's Reviews > The Green Futures of Tycho

Aug 27, 2008

Recommended to Douglas by: William Sleator
Recommended for: Everyone
Read in January, 1985

I met William Sleator when I was in 5th grade and he came to my elementary school to speak to us. I picked this book randomly and had it autographed and it soon became my all-time favorite book. For a while there I was reading it at least once a year. It's been a while now, my friend...I guess I should pick you up again!

Years later I had the opportunity to introduce William Sleator to a group of elementary school children when we brought him in to speak at Truman State University during National Reading Week activities. What an honor...although it was odd to realize the man who was larger than life in my memories was quite a bit shorter than me now. I did get to hear the story about the ballerina losing her contact lens and another dancer scooping it up and putting it in his mouth until the end of the scene again, though...which made it all okay!

I highly recommend all of Sleator's stories...especially for the sci-fi lovers!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Green Futures of Tycho.

Emily William Sleator came to speak to us when I was in grade school too. What an awesome guy. :)

Emily And I feel the same way about this book. :)