ReadingAllNight's Reviews > War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers

War and Peas by Jonathan Kunz

M 50x66

bookshelves: 2020-releases, review-copy, comic, netgalley-arc

I am sure I have seen a few of he comics as memes on various sites but was unaware of the blog that they had come from, though after reading this will be sure to check it out. Keeping that in mind, I realize with these sort of books that since it started as a blog that usually the author(s) will pick those comics that were the most upvoted or liked and most often these books are usually good because only the best comics are chosen. Even so I feel over I would like more of what these authors do.

I liked the dark humor in all of these little comics. I never felt it went too far but the sort of morbid humor in these comics are the sort of homor I like. Could see some people feeling maybe a few going to0 far. Personally felt they walked that fine line between too morbid and just morbid enough to be fun and entertaining. I also liked that that there repeating characters. Just makes it more fun. Will say there were a few of the comics that fell a bit flat but think that is a given in any selection of comics . Not all of them are going to land. Most though were again morbid and overall funny. Will for sure try to check out the blog that these are from to see what else they have to offer.

My one and only complaint about this book is that felt it should have been a bit longer. Get that there is no way that they could fit every comic from a blog probably full of content but overall still felt it was a bit too short. That though it is a very minor compliant in a overall great , funny comic selection.

*Review copy provided for free by netgalley for a fair and honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read War and Peas.

January 7, 2020 – Started Reading