Delia's Reviews > Tangled Blood Lines

Tangled Blood Lines by Deborah Noel

Apr 15, 2012

Recommended to Delia by: Vamptasy Publishing
Recommended for: Mystery lovers, urban fantasy readers, classic vampire lovers

I should start out by giving a shout out to the Vamptasy Book Club Via
facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/221... ) as I got the free ebook of Tangled Blood Lines as one of their group reads! As you can tell my by my rating this is one ebook that did not disappoint.

One of the things I enjoy most is reading truly original ideas. In a genre that is flooded with the same old Vampires and Werewolves Noel has managed to give us a new perspective while staying true to the nature of the beast, so to speak. By a third of the way in I was hooked and couldn't pull myself away. The characters are well done and each have a surprising amount of depth. I will say that I found Mattie a tad bit unbelievable at first. This mostly comes from my own experience as a mother and child photographer. Mattie just seems a tad bit too mature but maybe because of some other revelations later in the book she is mature due to something in her genetics? I guess we will have to wait and see in the next book.
Speaking of the next book, talk about some big questions. Will they find Mattie? What is the deal with Cianna's dad? How do the werewolves come into play? The end of this book will keep you on the edge of your seat waiting for more!

This was such an interesting story that there were only a few small things that kept it from 5 stars for me. One was the focus on how much German/Gaelic Cianna understood. I know its important to the story line for her to have a base knowledge of other languages but it would be just as easy to glaze over it, I think the readers wouldn't mind some kind of a blanket statement in regards to her abilities. I also felt like it had the feel of the second book in the series. Some of the earlier flashbacks had the same feeling as when authors "remind" readers as to what happened in the last book. Otherwise this book was fabulous.

It is worth pointing out again how enjoyable it was to see vampires in a more classic form, but without the gore that a more horror focused novel would portray. If you are looking for a fast paced read with twists and turns you will not be expecting then Tangled Blood Lines is a must read. I have not read a novel with a more perfect title in a long time!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangled Blood Lines.