Janene's Reviews > The Lady and the Highwayman

The Lady and the Highwayman by Sarah M. Eden

F 50x66

What I liked or found interesting:

• I liked that there were two stories within The Lady and the Highwayman: A story by Charles King and a story by Fletcher Walker. Both stories were penny dreadfuls and captured these dramatic stories of the time.
• Mr. Walker and Miss Black both used their penny dreadful money for charitable purposes. They cared about the less fortunate. Whose charitable purposes were the most important?
• There's lots of witty banter between all of the characters bringing joy and laughter to the reader.
• What path should Elizabeth's life take? The easy path within the parameter of proper society or the more riskier rewarding path of protecting the innocent children.
• This was a clean read and I appreciate that.
• This was a book written in an original style. There were lots of twists and turns to the plot, adventure, and romance. I highly recommend this book.
• Justine Eyre was an amazing narrator. She brought the story to life with her amazing accents and different character voices.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lady and the Highwayman.

Finished Reading