Ashlee » libraryinthecountry's Reviews > It Sounded Better in My Head

It Sounded Better in My Head by Nina Kenwood

This book shattered my expectations, I thoroughly enjoyed it! If anything, I wish it were a little longer because I’d love to see more of what comes next for these characters!

But really, I just loved the wholesome normalcy of it. Especially right now when things are so weird and awful everyday, it was refreshing to read about going to a party and feeling awkward, hanging out at the beach, freaking out over a boy liking you, hoping your parents don’t embarrass the hell out of you and just typical life at eighteen. Sans masks and social distancing and the compulsive use of hand sanitizer.

One thing that really resonated with me was Natalie’s struggles with her body image. Oh boy if I didn’t struggle with stretch marks and terrible acne scars when I was a teen and it was refreshing to see this represented so accurately in a book.

Alex and Natalie are so awkwardly pure together, I really love the way the romance was portrayed in this because it felt so realistic!

Bonus? This story is set in Australia, the author is Australian, as is the audiobook narrator!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Sounded Better in My Head.

January 7, 2020 – Shelved
January 7, 2020 – Shelved as: to-read
August 9, 2020 – Started Reading
August 9, 2020 –
32.0% "This is really fun and I appreciate the simple normalcy of it."
August 11, 2020 –
39.0% "“I’m in a fan fiction of my own life.” 😭😂"
August 11, 2020 –
56.0% "OH GOSH. 😂 The secondhand embarrassment."
August 11, 2020 – Finished Reading