Ainsley's Reviews > Dear Sister

Dear Sister by Francine Pascal

Mar 18, 2007

bookshelves: young-adult

Let me give you a brief rundown. Dear Sister begins with Elizabeth in a coma following a motorcycle accident with Todd. When she finally wakes up, her personality has completely changed! She's suddenly acting like Jessica, forcing Jessica into the Elizabeth role. It's crazy. A lot of stuff happens in the middle, including Elizabeth dressing in skanky Jessica clothes and Jessica dressing in staid Elizabeth clothes. Then, at the Patman mansion, the story comes to a climax. First, Bruce Patman touches Elizabeth's boob, which was the most scandalous thing I'd ever heard of the first time I read this book. Second, Elizabeth falls off the bed (where she had been about to have sex with 1BRUCE1) and passes out. I'm assuming the sex part, because it's never actually discussed. Boob touching is about as wild as it gets this early in the SVH series. Third, Elizabeth wakes up and is her old self again. All is right in Sweet Valley.

Can I also add that - to this day - I count the digits on license plates in a desperate attempt to find one with enough space to spell out 1BRUCE1?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Sister.

message 1: by Felicia (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:13AM) (new)

Felicia Virginia allows 7 digits on the liscence plate :) I don't know about CA though.

message 2: by ★Kayla★ (new)

★Kayla★ Thank you,I enjoyed your review of this book, it made me laugh! :p

Ainsley Kayla wrote: "Thank you,I enjoyed your review of this book, it made me laugh! :p"

Thanks, that's nice of you. I have fond memories of this book.