Angel Hench's Reviews > Snowball

Snowball by Gregory Bastianelli

liked it

When I was about 10, we got stuck in a surprise blizzard on the interstate. Thanks to #snowball for bringing that night's total isolation and sense of foreboding back into my conscious brain. Ha!

HERE'S THE SUMMARY: A bunch of travelers on a New England interstate get stuck in a surprise Christmas Eve blizzard. Then the dying starts.

HERE'S MY REVIEW: This was not at all what I expected. Where I thought this would be a quick and brutal slasher story, I got a weird sort of supernatural fairy tale. It reminded me quite a bit of the 2015 Krampus movie (which I loved). There are lots of strange little interesting twists and every character has a terrible winter story to tell. #chrismashorrorismyfavoritething

Now, I would have enjoyed this more if every female character had not been so utterly weak and mewling, and in need of a male savior to protect them from the truth of what was happening. And if the first few pages of the book didn't have the most awkward sex scene I've ever read.

But even with those problems, this was an enjoyable and weird book, and it's gets a strong ⭐⭐⭐1/2 from me.

(A review copy of the book was provided by the publisher.)

Click here to check out all my book things.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snowball.

January 7, 2020 – Shelved