Marissa Masterson's Reviews > All the World

All the World by Liz Garton Scanlon

F 50x66
Apr 15, 2012

bookshelves: to-read, eced-221

All the World by Elizabeth Garton Scanlon is a 2010 Caldecott Medal winner. This book is a great book that fits all of the literary standards. It has very detailed colorful illustrations. It is filled with flowing text that adds to the books theme about the world. It really explains the world that is easy for children to understand. It also included poetry. All the text just seems to flow wonderfully. It has large pages with illustrations that take up the whole page. All the illustrations go well with the text and full paint a picture in the mind of the reader. Children can relate to it very much because the illustrations demonstrate normal events that they probably have taken part in before such as digging in the sand, climbing trees, eating at a restaurant, and getting rained on. It shows that the world keeps going around and around an many different events can happen but in the end it is filled with people like the reader and everything he or she hears, smells, and sees. I think this book includes a great theme and moral. I really enjoyed reading it, it was fun reading from the flowing text. I would love to use this in my classroom one day. i think that children can really relate to it and understand the world better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All the World.