Merrybrains Book Reviews's Reviews > Time Guard: The Awakening

Time Guard by Anmol Batra

The story twitches with Pakistani athlete trafficking drugs to India and gets detained, thrown in Tihar lockup and then escapes.

It’s all about time, Swati Sharma must now find envelopes and open it right at the time cited and the story goes laterally.

So it’s all about time travel now that you have understood the plot of the book mentioned in the blurb. I have not read many books of time travel as such, but I could re-count time travelling in flicks like Predestination, The Time Traveler’s Wife and Primer. One of the books that I admire is “The Time Machine” by H.G Wells and my fresh read Dark Matter by Blake.

To be frank, this is Anmol unveiling book, but the pieces of literature say otherwise. Anmol has written this handsomely and literature inside is a clinger. ‘The Awakening ‘is the foremost book of Time Guard series. The subsequent book would be ‘Time Guard 2- Reborn’.

Time Travel construing is an art and this book explicitly needs you to be in the moment, check out the time and date so that you can digest it well else you will mislay yourself in a labyrinth. There were times when I went back to check the time noted in the book just to be certain. The format of the date, time and place have abetted the book though out.

The book is filled with turns and these spirals are hefty and sometimes intricate. They’re daunting at first, but eventually a foundation of travel respite. There are many resplendently over-the-top actions sequences throughout the book

I loved the portrayal of Arjun and Swathi. I also liked the small sketches in between the reads to give this book more pictorial plea and to comprehend the story well.

This book may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but if you are into make-believe, magical realism, science novels and more importantly time travel- then this book is a must-read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time Guard.

Started Reading