Cams's Reviews > This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See

This is Marketing by Seth Godin

bookshelves: non-fiction, almost-gave-up

This might just be one of the best books I've ever read. And what's kinda funny is that, the first time I started listening to it a few months ago, it really didn't resonate at all.

Right book, wrong time. Probably.

Second time around though, boy did it resonate! I'm new to marketing and have always found it to be kind of icky. This book has turned me around on that completely. Sure, it *can* be icky, or, as Seth puts it, evil, but it can also be philanthropic.

I will most definitely listen to this book again in a few months' time, after I've read more and learned more about what it is I want to be doing and how I want to be doing it.

The biggest takeway would be that we are marketing to ourselves. The idea that what we do has value is something we need to embrace. Love thyself.

This is a book that I know will resonate with my clients and many of my friends whether they be interested in marketing as a profession or not. I will be recommending it to a lot of people, so Seth's done a fantastic job of finding advocates simply by writing a valuable book.

The other takeway is learning how to identify 'people like us' and be comfortable telling others that 'this isn't for you'. I know lots of people like me that will be able to relate to that quite well!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This is Marketing.

January 6, 2020 – Started Reading