Kathleen Kelly's Reviews > Comeback Love

Comeback Love by Peter Golden

Apr 14, 2012

Comeback Love is a debut novel by Peter Golden and is a story of the love affair between Gordon Meyers, a journalist / college student and wannabe novelist and Glenna Rising, med student in the late 60's and present day where Gordon is a consultant and Glenna is a physician.

In the late 60's, in the time of the Vietnam war, peace, love and drugs, Gordon meets Glenna and is immediately taken with her beauty and intelligence. They move in together and because of certain circumstances break up and lose touch with each other. Thirty plus years later, Gordon shows up in Glenna's office wanting to reconnect. Gordon is divorced and has a son and Glenna is a widow and they both have great careers but found that something was missing in each of their lives. Each other, we can never correct the mistakes of the past but we can only hope to try again. That is what Gordon and Glenna eventually do.

This is a very riveting and poignant story that will transport the reader into a bygone time where peace and love is the norm but tensions are high because of war and civil rights for women. I absolutely loved this book and didn't want it to end. This is not just women's fiction, although there were a few spots that had me teary eyed. I highly recommend it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Comeback Love.