Bailey (IB Book Blogging)'s Reviews > Cold Fury

Cold Fury by T.M. Goeglein

Apr 14, 2012

bookshelves: received-for-review, penguin

What starts out slow ends with a loud bang in this exciting YA debut from Goeglein. He has crafted a story that will take readers on a wild ride through the darker side of Chicago where the Outfit rules. It's almost scary in how real it could be which makes it all the better! There's also a slight paranormal twist that will make readers even more intrigued and desperate for answers. If you're looking for a unique YA novel, COLD FURY is for you.

While Sara Jane starts out as a quite girl who stays in the background of the world, she quickly blossoms into the fighter she's meant to be when everything goes horribly wrong. I cannot imagine losing my family like that and dealing with the scary aftermath. The moment that she finds out exactly what her family was hiding, she takes it in with considerable inner strength and finds the will to find her family no matter what the cost. Sara Jane is my kind of girl!

While the first hundred pages are full of background information that may take a toll on readers, just know that right after that 100 mark the story kicks off big time. Goeglein will surprise readers with a considerable amount of twists and turns that will have their heads spinning. There isn't a moment of calm in Sara Jane's storm and the reader is right alongside her for her journey.

I'm genuinely surprised at how much depth COLD FURY contained. It is full of heart-wrenching moments that will have you feeling for Sara Jane and moments when there's so much tension that there isn't room to breathe. The whole tiny paranormalish aspect was fascinating on its own and I can't wait to learn more about that and more in upcoming books. COLD FURY is a winner!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold Fury.