Patty's Reviews > The Wedding Dress

The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck

Apr 14, 2012

Read on April 14, 2012

Charlotte Malone falls hard and fast for for her fiance and their wedding day is fast approaching but for some reason neither one of them seems to be doing all the things a bride and groom do. Which is especially odd for Charlotte - she owns a bridal salon and she has not even started looking for a dress for a wedding that is two months away. On a "mental health" day trip to a favorite spot she finds herself bidding on an old trunk. The trunk contains a timelessly beautiful wedding dress and her search for its history teaches her quite a bit about herself.

To truly enjoy this book you have to just let reality go a bit and lose yourself in the story. If you do that you will find yourself well rewarded with a very sweet tale of a wedding dress that has stood the test of time to grace four beautiful brides.

Charlotte is a well developed character; she lost her mother as a very young girl and was raised by a family friend. She never knew who her father was. She loves the big family of her fiance but doesn't feel welcomed by all of its members. She has worked very hard all her life and has built a very successful bridal business. She has a gift for finding the perfect dress for each bride - except for herself. Then she finds the beautiful dress in the trunk - at first she does not believe it is for her. She refuses to believe it is for her. She just wants to learn its history and the book tells that history in flashback. The dress has been worn by three special women - two of whom have become friends to Charlotte. And the third? I won't spoil that surprise.

It's an easy to read tale, in fact I read it in one sitting while at a fire scent to tell the truth. I was heading home with the hubby when the whistle blew. I was happy to have such an engaging book to read while he and his firemen fought the fire. They put it out! The book kept me very engaged and it was a delight to read. It's part romance, part historical and part mystical and well worth reading.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding Dress.

09/24/2016 marked as: read