Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)'s Reviews > Once a Fallen Lady

Once a Fallen Lady by Eve Pendle

bookshelves: january-2020

Now I'm not a fan of trigger/content warnings but I do understand why some people need them. That being said, if you're going to add these things, do it like this book!

Click here to see what I mean.

It gives just the right amount of info without spoiling anything and leaves away for any reader who wants more info to check and see if they book is a good fit for them. It's perfect!

I did receive a copy of this for free in exchange for an honest review. Actual rating 4.5 Stars

Now onto the actual review, shall we? The story follows a fallen lady and her dear young daughter that falls sick with polio. Then enters a very sweet school teacher who not only helps the fallen lady but really falls in love with her and her little daughter. Their love was just so sweet I was worried it would give me cavities! If you're looking for a story that is all fluff and happiness. Get this because it will just put a goofy smile on your face and make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

The writing is easy to follow and flows wonderfully without being flowery and overstated. The story really does move along fast, this isn't a long book by any means if you had the time you could crank out the whole book in one afternoon without much issue. So if you want a good head start on your reading goals, this book will help you get ahead.

The characters are also good-hearted and I enjoyed watching the pair grow together and fall in love. Also, I'm kinda jealous. I want a hot teacher to bring my chocolate and books all the time!

So really, if you want a cute little read you'll love this!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once a Fallen Lady.

January 4, 2020 – Started Reading