Maria Thomas's Reviews > To Love a Governess

To Love a Governess by Josi S. Kilpack

U 50x66
I won this book in a drawing on Storytellers in Zion. I was so happy since it had been on my TBR list. I love a good fall for the governess story. This is a nice collection of sweet, clean romance.

Til'All the Seas Gang Dry by Josi S Kilpack
I loved how David resolved the conflict of the story. It was not a typical Regency scene I don't think. I think it was a pretty public confrontation for the time period but it was great. I have often thought I'd love to see something like this when reading other books so it was fun.

The One Year Governess by Heather B Moore
Sweet relationship between the love interests as well as with the children. How a person survives on such little sleep I don't know. But I enjoyed how her presence improved the Captain's calm and ability to sleep. Sweet story.

Visible by Julie Daines
This might be my favorite of the lot. I liked how it showed the life of a servant in a wealthy home. How hard would it be to be invisible! I think it would be awful to try to be invisible all the time. And to be told and expected to be invisible instead of a person. I LOVED Sarah and her inability to hold her tongue and be invisible. And some of her outbursts reminded me a little of Anne, of Green Gables fame. They made me smile. I couldn't figure out Mr. Selwood for most of the story. He seemed to be something of a stick. Just there sans personality until he would have these moments where he showed concern and caring behavior. Then just as quickly he was a stick again. The reader didn't get to understand him any faster than Sarah did. We got to have the "aha" moment together.

Sex: some kisses, a little leering.
Language: no
Violence: some. Violence against women as well as men. Not too graphic.
*I won this book from Storytellersinzion.com and voluntarily chose to review it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Love a Governess.

January 3, 2020 – Started Reading