Karen's Reviews > Recipe for a Perfect Wife

Recipe for a Perfect Wife by Karma Brown

190448

This was a really quick read for me. Once I started it, I just didn't want to put it down. The audio narration was excellent and I found myself attached to the characters right away. Even though I could see most of the twists coming (except for one) I still enjoyed all of my time with this story.

I liked Nellie's story more than Alice's just because I think Nellie was a bit more developed as a character and her motivations seemed a bit more clear. In the beginning of Alice's story, it felt like she started lying or doing uncharacteristic things for no clear reason. Maybe out of ennui. It made it harder for me to connect with her. By the very end of her story, I did find myself cheering for Alice but still not as much as I would have liked. Alice's husband was even more under-developed. He almost felt cartoonish to me.

Even though I can find many flaws with this book, I still found myself unable to stop reading it. Unable to stop caring about the characters. Unable to look away from the dark undertones of these housewives' lives. I found it to be a very satisfying read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Recipe for a Perfect Wife.

January 3, 2020 – Started Reading