Paula Phillips's Reviews > The Reason is You

The Reason is You by Sharla Lovelace

1969584
Apr 13, 2012

Wow , this book was amazing. I have to admit I was a little wary as whether I would actually enjoy it or not as I picked it up because , shall I admit ...... I loved the cover. It wasn't until I read the first chapter and was introduced to them that I started to enjoy the story. The Reason is You follows the life of single mother Dani and her teenage daughter Riley, Dani has lost her job and now with nowhere else to go lugs Riley and herself back to her hometown of Bethany. Dani left Bethany as soon as she can due to one big issue that unfortunately followed her everywhere , she can see and speak to the dead and one in particular has always had her in knots- Alex. Dani has always wondered and hoped that the gift skipped Riley until she sees Riley talking to Alex and soon Dani will have to explain to Riley what's happening and what will start to follow. Dani hopes that life for Riley isn't what she experienced but when Riley starts to get harrassed , she will soon discover that her daughter does not back down to anyone. As the novel goes along , we also read as Dani and Alex's friendship increases and passions between the living and the dead start to spark. What happens though when Dani discovers the how Alex died and the true reason she feels so close to him ? Will Dani feel betrayed when she discovers the truth of why she is in the living and not in the land of the dead ?
An amazing tale of romance and love in both the lands of the living and the dead and a tale of how strong family bonds can form when the going gets tough and there is no-one else to turn too.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reason is You.