Tari's Reviews > Poppy Harmon and the Hung Jury

Poppy Harmon and the Hung Jury by Lee Hollis

bookshelves: netgalley, wish-list, 2020-i-spy, 2020-ebooks

I thoroughly enjoyed this installment of the Desert Flowers series. Maybe because I already knew the characters and was glad to come back and see what they were up to, or maybe the story was better. Whichever it was, it was great seeing the gang together again. Like Poppy in the first book, I wasn't sure if I liked Matt much, but in this book he definitely won me over. Even Heather's character was fleshed out a little bit better. And of course Poppy's crazy friends Violet and Iris were at their shining best. I love that they have a twelve-year-old helping them with the online part of their investigating business. Wyatt is a pretty cool kid!

I wasn't sure whodunit, but it was a lot of fun reading and finding out. There was plenty of action and humor as well. Some of the scenes were so crazy and I could almost picture Jessica Fletcher along with a couple of the Golden Girls being Poppy and her pals. Poppy's little side story about her love life was very sweet, and I was happy that it came to a happy conclusion instead of keeping us waiting and wondering. It'll be interesting to see what these characters get into next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poppy Harmon and the Hung Jury.

January 3, 2020 – Shelved