Sam at A Journey Through Pages's Reviews > Consumed

Apr 13, 2012

bookshelves: horror
Read from May 02 to 03, 2012

Review from A Journey Through Pages

Rayne returns in Consumed tackling an even bigger problem than before in the Keep. Yes, bigger. I enjoyed this book just as much as Possessed. I love the mystery, paranormal and haunted-ness of it all. As all of you know by now from my love affair with Karina Halle's Experiments in Terror Series, I love stories about hauntings.

There is also something about these books that remind me of the Nancy Drew books, which I know sound crazy, but the way the mystery unfolds bring me back to when I was in elementary school, pretending to be asleep, but really reading the latest Nancy Drew book I had received (and then of course having trouble sleeping afterwards). And this time around, the evil is 100% known about so it's all about the human element trying to get at it, and somehow I found myself surprised and turned around again.

I enjoy Rayne as a character, she reacts to things realistically as one possibly can in the situations she's put in. She is not ready for another relationship right away which I love (seriously, who would be after St. John?), and she does not just accept the paranormal things and go with it, she runs. She also is very distrusting which is incredibly reasonable considering what happened in Possessed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Consumed.

05/03/2012 page 76