Melissa's Reviews > Forgotten

Forgotten by Catherine McKenzie

Apr 13, 2012

liked it
Read in June, 2012

I've been a big fan of Catherine McKenzie's work since her very first novel because I've always loved her incredibly original story ideas.

This one was no different; Emma Tupper takes a one month trip to Africa in honor of her mother's passing, but gets stuck there for 6 months after a terrible earthquake. When she finally gets back home, most of her life has been erased because everyone presumed her to be dead.

I absolutely loved the premise of this story & was captivated from the prologue. I wanted to know what was going to happen to Emma. I had a few problems with the novel, however; I felt like the writing and the character dialogue fell a little flat. In her past novels, McKenzie added a lot of quirk to her writing but I didn't quite see it in this one. I was immersed in Emma's story right from the start, but somewhere in the middle I felt like it dragged a little bit and I was wondering where the author was going with her story.

Overall, though, I really enjoyed McKenzie's third novel. Despite a few edits that would have made it more enjoyable for me personally, I think Emma & Dominic make for a really great story that women at any age can enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten.

05/28/2012 page 7
2.0% "I've been a fan of Catherine McKenzie's work since book 1 and I can't wait to read this one. Just after the prologue I know this is going to be another fantastic book!"
show 2 hidden updates…