Vendea's Reviews > War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers

War and Peas by Jonathan Kunz

bookshelves: 2020, best-of-2020, rc, read-in-english

I've received ARC from publisher via Netgalley in exchange for honest review.

War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers by Jonathan Kunz and Elizabeth Pich is a physical book version of War and Peas webcomic series that's still being published on authors' website. It's coming out in March 2020 in paperback form. Just as webcomic, it's in 4 panel format. It's totally not a read for everyone. I'd advise not to read it if you are under age of 18. It shows a very specific dark humour that might be a trigger for some people. Fortunately, I'm living for this kind of humour and that's why I really enjoyed this read.

I've read some of the webcomic before so I knew what to expect and it didn't fail me. Readers encounter several different characters (such as a cute little ghost, grim reaper, slutty witch etc.) and follow their shenanigens. My personal favorite was and still is grim reaper but I enjoyed others just as much. Funny, dark and absurd.

The drawing style is very simple yet charming in its own way. It lets readers focus on punchlines and enjoy the comedy aspect. I'd strongly recommend checking this out if you are fond of dark and twisted humour!

4.5/5*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read War and Peas.

January 2, 2020 – Started Reading