Mara's Reviews > Match Me if You Can

Match Me if You Can by Lindzee Armstrong

bookshelves: audiobook
Read 2 times. Last read January 2, 2020.

4.5 stars. 2020 review update. I listened to the audiobook today while doing housework. Makes the work go so much faster. The narrator, Tiffany Williams is the narrator for the entire series and does a great job.

Tamera made a not-so-great-impression in Miss Match when she went out with Luke Ryder, but she learned from her mistake, and her behavior in that book is explained in this one. I'm not excusing it, but now I understand why she acted that way.

Tamera's been burned by a lot of men in her life. Most recently by her latest boyfriend who cheated on her with her younger sister, and then, if you can believe it, her sister asked Tamera to be her maid of honor at their wedding! She's definitely not looking for love. Football star Wyatt James has just been traded from the San Antonio Vigilantes, who he's dreamed of playing for since he was a kid, to the Los Angeles Coyotes, a B-list team, and all because the girl he dated cheated on him with the star quarterback. He's not looking for love right now either.

Wyatt and Tamera first meet in Texas and it's kind of embarrassing for her, then she ends up being the realtor that helps him find a house in L.A. What are the odds?! There are immediate sparks between them but Wyatt's got a lot of work ahead of him because of Tamera's distrust of most men. When she's warned to beware of Wyatt from her BFF (Drew) from her stint on the reality show, Eye in the Sky, she gets confused because what she hears from Drew doesn't mesh with the Wyatt she's been spending time with.

I'm so happy Tamera isn't the same girl who appeared in Miss Match. She's more mature now but still distrustful. Wyatt is a dream--good looking, kind, thoughtful, treats her well, has morals, I could go on but you get the idea. Once things came to a head in the story I didn't know how the author was going to get these two back together, but she did it and it worked!

I really like this series. All the No Match for Love books can be read as standalones but the characters (like Luke and his wife) crossover into the other books. It's nice to see them because I forgot that Luke bought the football team.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Match Me if You Can.

April 17, 2018 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
April 18, 2018 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
April 18, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
April 18, 2018 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
October 31, 2019 – Shelved as: audiobook (Kindle Edition)
January 2, 2020 – Started Reading