Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]'s Reviews > I Hunt Killers

I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga

3442094
I Hunt Killers is the story of Jasper (Jazz) Dent, a teenager boy who had been spoon-fed by his Dad a steady diet of murderer's calculation, false charm and bloody camouflage - a finest new type of serial killer. Just like daddy of course. After Bill Dent arrested with a three digit kills, someone is recreating his dad horrific crimes, and who fits the bill (No pun intended) better than Billy's own son. So Jazz does the only thing possible under the circumstances - hunt the killer along with his hemophiliac sidekick. Talk about suicidal.

This book is so creepily fantastic! The concept alone is interesting but what I liked more in this book is the main character's narration. There's something fresh and quaintly addictive to it. The author takes us on a sprawling battle of Jasper's inner demons. He always known to himself that he can do it - manipulate and charm the others in order to get his way- but do he really wanted to be like his father? Can he resist the urge of doing the things he grown up to? Well, that said Barry skillfully weaver together Jazz's struggle providing a full picture of a troubled teenager boy whose identity, past and present are called into question. And that deserve a clap! clap! clap!

Definitely one of the best books I read this year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Hunt Killers.