Valerie's Reviews > Shadows in Flight

Shadows in Flight by Orson Scott Card

Apr 12, 2012

I had a small shock when I read the last page. My only thoughts were, "That's it? This is the end? Wow, that was... um, sudden." However, after I reread the last couple pages my dazed mind began to really understand things. Then, I couln't help but shed a few tears. Even though the end felt a little sudden, it felt right. The book was meant to stop there. Also, although the it was happy in a sense, it was still the end of something great. But, of course like all endings it's a beginning, too.

As for the rest of the book, I very much enjoyed all the psychology and science involved. I also felt connected to Bean. I shared many of his thoughts regarding the three leguminote children, and came to sympathize with him. However, while I did find all this interesting, at times I had to fight off sleepiness. This book took up so much of my concentration I couldn't help but lose focus, sometimes. After all, I'm only a teen, albeit one with a long attention span. Anyway, this felt like a great end to an even greater series. I'd be more happy to read a spin-off, though. (Heh, a spin-off of a spin-off.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadows in Flight.

April 12, 2012 – Started Reading