Amanda's Reviews > Audition

Audition by Skye Warren

bookshelves: add-to-bookshelf, want-to-re-read

I’m still floating back to reality from the heavens that this read sent me to. Skye and Amelia created a full production with Audition. In my mind’s eye I could hear the orchestra build and decrescendo with each movement of the characters, each dancing their parts in this beautifully tragic story. They entice you with the grey area, and draw you in with intense desire. You can’t look away from the story that is being put on before your eyes.

Joshua North, the asshole you love to hate but can’t get enough of. He’s one of those characters that has been broken down, and put back together with a few missing, important pieces. Those spaces allowing his heart bleed out. He truly is the wolf he claims to be.

Bethany Lewis. Another beautiful, broken ballet dancer, giving her all to an audience who demands more. Her vibe is like a flowing watercolor painting, each pigment fading into a new and deep color. Broken home, broken family, and broken body. No matter how many times she is beaten down, she always comes back stronger and more determined.

Even when the past is between them, when brought together, both try to fill the holes and cracks of the other, all while trying to find the skeleton that is haunting Bethany’s everyday. Hearts take beatings, and when they finally cave to the need between them, the crescendo you will feel is the blood in your body racing, cause it’s intense and sexy as hell. The production these two incredible authors put on is something that will stick with you for days.

I loved this read, and wish I could re-read is anew over many times. You NEED this read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Audition.

December 21, 2019 – Started Reading