Taryn's Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

F 50x66
Apr 12, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, emotional-angsty-panic-induced, favorites, reviewed-by-me, series, romance, very-light-romance, colleen-hoover, student-teacher
Read from October 06 to 07, 2012

This review was posted at My Secret Romance

I am going to SLAM my review. Not really sure if I SLAMMED it correctly, to be honest. Before I do, I need say this- this book deserves an endless number of stars!

I fell in love with a book by an author
Who wrote the most beautifully compelling story
I think I have ever read
For real
A story of two people struggling to climb a mountain of quicksand
With nothing to grab onto but each others hand
A story of a heart shattering love
And life's winding roads
But instead of balling up and crying
They're fighting it with a vengeance
I read a remarkable story
That evoked so many different emotions from me
Some that were felt at the same time
Which wasn't fun
I was lost in the lives of these fictional characters
That I so desperately wanted to be real

I read a story about a girl
A beautiful girl with a big heart
A girl who was forced to move to a new town
And bare the beating of stones life threw at her
Some stones left gashes and scars
And others that just faded away
But there was one stone that left a mark
By a boy
Who she fell madly and deeply in love with

A boy who had the world on top of his shoulders
With responsibilities most could not fathom to comprehend
A jerk of a boy
A hot boy
Who also fell madly and deeply in love with a girl
Who he refused to make time for
A girl he loved from the moment he laid eyes on
But painfully was forbidden to be with

Emotions are laid bare
For all to see
A new life
A big change
And a life that will soon sadly be freed
Knowing they would be there to wipe away each others' tears
But the pain felt inside could only be repaired
By a boy
And a girl
Who fell madly deeply in love with each other
But could never be

How do you fight the attraction
The intense chemistry that you feel
When so much is at stake
Of a love that was slammed
Before it could even took place

Colleen Hoover you rocked my socks
And made me cry
And made me feel
Too many different things inside
There are things I have ignored
For long periods of time
And things I chose to face one quick step at a time
Why it is that reading can make us see
The things we choose not to
When faced with reality
It's just words on paper that
Should mean nothing
But in fact they mean everything
Hundreds of paper bound by glue
Of a story that flew me over the moon
This is a book that I will never forget
Or ever find the proper words
To say how much it means to me
But

This book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

10/07/2012
54.0% "Why does life have to be so unfair sometimes?" 1 comment
02/02/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Natalie Very good start, but worse at the end :(

Ally I loved this book - beautiful story. Did raise a few moral issues with me however. On occassions I did want to scream at the characters as I struggled to accept their behaviour! Point of retreat is even better in my opinion. Enjoy!

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ <3 Its a beautiful emotional ride

Taryn Ahhh shit, you guys are making me nervous. I know nothing about this book. Does someone die? Am I going to cry? Give me something!

Taryn Amy wrote: "Yes you will cry! I BAWLED reading the 2nd book"

FML. Does someone die???

Natalie Dead parets. Student/teacher 'relationship', very ya. Kinda cute book, very hot hero though...annoying heroine. Hope you'll like it better then i. I Don't really see what all the fuzz is about :(

Taryn Oh wow. Thanks Natalie!

Ally There is a lead up to a death but it is handled well by the author. I wouldn't have read it if I knew in advance about the teacher/pupil thing as that makes me feel very uncomfortable considering my own profession but I must admit it was a fantastic read and will leave you feeling happy at the end. Enjoy

Jill One of my favorite books!! I loved it! The sequel is just as good!

Akanksha❤ Søren♰ I sobbed the most in these two books than I have ever have in any other (except pushing the limits, I was depressed after that)
Read this and the next one back-to-back

Kristen Perfectly said, Taryn. I have this book on my "up next" list.

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ if u loved this one, Taryn...just wait for the next one! sooooo good!

Kellie Maddox-Ward I loved this book! I'm not much of a poetry person but the slams were AWESOME!

message 14: by Taryn (last edited Oct 08, 2012 12:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Taryn I can't even form the words for a review on this one. I read this and Point of Retreat back to back. I AM A MESS!

I have a review I want to do...I just need to learn to do it the right way...:)

Erica E it's so beautifully written. It's actually one of my favorite books this year. It is a sad story but you just can't help reading it. I loved all the poetry it had, it was so full of emotions. Read the 2nd one!! it's just as good.

Taryn Erica wrote: "it's so beautifully written. It's actually one of my favorite books this year. It is a sad story but you just can't help reading it. I loved all the poetry it had, it was so full of emotions. Read ..."

It's definitely an all time fav now, Erica. And you're right, it's written beautifully with tons of emotions and an extremely realistic storyline. I don't think I've ever experienced emotions like this until now...or at least a mixture of them at the same time. Gah...

Erica E Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Erica wrote: "it's so beautifully written. It's actually one of my favorite books this year. It is a sad story but you just can't help reading it. I loved all the poetry it had, it was so full of e..."

I felt the same way. Still do. I read this months ago and I still feel all the emotions. That's what a great authors does.

Taryn Erica wrote: "Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Erica wrote: "it's so beautifully written. It's actually one of my favorite books this year. It is a sad story but you just can't help reading it. I loved all th..."

I completely agree!

Aestas Book Blog Wow Taryn - thats an AWESOME review!!

Taryn Aestas Book Blog wrote: "Wow Taryn - thats an AWESOME review!!"

THANK YOU! It wasn't easy!

message 21: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Amazing Taryn...best review you've ever done...I am in awe!! FANTASTIC!! Talk about relaying the feel of the book! I'd say mission accomplished.

Alexis *Reality Bites* AWESOME! LOVE LOVE LOVE your review Taryn!!!

message 23: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Espinoza Best Slammed review EVER!!

Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️ WOW!! Fantastic review Taryn!!

Taryn Karla wrote: "Amazing Taryn...best review you've ever done...I am in awe!! FANTASTIC!! Talk about relaying the feel of the book! I'd say mission accomplished."

Thanks so much, Karla!! xoxo

Taryn Alexis wrote: "AWESOME! LOVE LOVE LOVE your review Taryn!!!"

Thanks, Alexis!

Taryn Rebecca wrote: "Best Slammed review EVER!!"

Wow! What a compliment! Thank you!

message 28: by Taryn (last edited Oct 10, 2012 04:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Taryn Dorsey wrote: "WOW!! Fantastic review Taryn!!"

Thanks, Dorsey!! :)

message 29: by Charles (new) - added it

Charles Sheehan-Miles Loved this review!

Kirsty Oh I don't even think words can day how much I loved your review. You couldn't have summed it up more perfectly!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ LOL Taryn....love the poetry slam review!!

message 32: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy nicely done....

Taryn Charles wrote: "Loved this review!"

Kirsty wrote: "Oh I don't even think words can day how much I loved your review. You couldn't have summed it up more perfectly!"

♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "LOL Taryn....love the poetry slam review!!"

Gosh guys, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

message 34: by Jill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jill SWEET! You should write all of your reviews in Slam Poetry ;-)

Taryn Amy wrote: "nicely done...."

Thank you!

message 36: by Taryn (last edited Oct 10, 2012 06:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Taryn Jill wrote: "SWEET! You should write all of your reviews in Slam Poetry ;-)"

That would be something to do!!! This wasn't easy and I'm still not satisfied with a few parts but its still easier than a typical review.

Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book Well look at you and your SLAM DUNK of a review! Awesome but still hesitant on reading it. You know me, I'd be a mess.

message 38: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Tarryn, I am speechless!!! This is a SPECTACULAR review!! Gosh, how long did this take you... what pure talent!!!

Natalie Ward Amazing review!

message 40: by Taryn (last edited Oct 10, 2012 07:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Taryn Spoiler Whore drops the F bomb wrote: "Well look at you and your SLAM DUNK of a review! Awesome but still hesitant on reading it. You know me, I'd be a mess."

I totally SLAMMED my review, huh? Haha

Taryn Liz wrote: "Tarryn, I am speechless!!! This is a SPECTACULAR review!! Gosh, how long did this take you... what pure talent!!!"

Thank you so much, Liz!! It took me just a few hours to do. I'm still not satisfied with it so I want to go back and change a few things.

Gabriela Best review ever and totally made the book justice! Awesome review Taryn ! One of my favorite books of all time (:

Drita WOW...Great review, you should do Slam more often!!!

message 44: by Colleen (new) - added it

Colleen Hoover I agree. Amazing, amazing review. Thank you sooo much. Taryn, will you email me your address? This review deserves some signed copies for you. colleenhoover@live.com

Georgia Cruz OH.MY.GOD. You just been Slammed by Colleen Hoover! You get a copy of her signed books! Can it be me too? I envy you but you really deserved it. Great review.

Leanne Butterflying AWESOME review! Loved this!

Kellie Maddox-Ward Taryn this review is AMAZING! I loved your Slam! Well done! Best one I've seen

Taryn Gabriela wrote: "Best review ever and totally made the book justice! Awesome review Taryn ! One of my favorite books of all time (:"

Thank you, Gabriela! I hope I did it justice. :)

Taryn Drita wrote: "WOW...Great review, you should do Slam more often!!!"

LOL Maybe one day! Thanks!

Taryn Colleen wrote: "I agree. Amazing, amazing review. Thank you sooo much. Taryn, will you email me your address? This review deserves some signed copies for you. colleenhoover@live.com"

Awww! OMG thank you so much, Colleen! xoxo