Calzean's Reviews > A Lifetime of Impossible Days

A Lifetime of Impossible Days by Tabitha Bird

bookshelves: author-australia, culture-australia, woman-author, social-issues

I'm not sure what genre this is...time travelling, fantasy, pure literature or just unique. There is one element of fantasy - the 93 yo Willa posts two parcels via the Post Office and they both arrive to the correct address on the right day; to think Australia Post is that efficient is pure fantasy.
The author is a story teller. She tells of a young 8 year old Willa who tells stories to her sister in an attempt to block out the violence and abuse of her father. She tells of a 93 yo Willa who posts two parcels but can't remember why. She tells of a broken 33 yo Willa dealing with the past and regretting her choices.
The story is about having the courage to deal with past trauma and decisions to enable a life to be enjoyed. It's brutal at times, quirky in places and generally a quiet impressive story. Bravo Ms Bird.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lifetime of Impossible Days.

December 31, 2019 – Shelved
December 31, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
January 25, 2020 – Shelved as: author-australia
January 25, 2020 – Shelved as: culture-australia
January 25, 2020 – Shelved as: woman-author
January 25, 2020 – Shelved as: social-issues
January 25, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Interesting. I'm reading a pair of new, feminist time travel novels back to back. Very different from each other, and indeed from other such books I've read. This sounds good, too.

Calzean Cecily wrote: "Interesting. I'm reading a pair of new, feminist time travel novels back to back. Very different from each other, and indeed from other such books I've read. This sounds good, too."

The book popped up this morning as a Kindle Daily Deal; I'm not sure whether these deals are international or country specific.

message 3: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Thanks, but I think the deals are by country, and also that they're more common on Kindle (which I don't do). At present, Amazon UK has this on Kindle for £10 and in paperback for £34.35, so I won't be getting a copy any time soon!