Tari's Reviews > Theater Nights Are Murder

Theater Nights Are Murder by Libby Klein

bookshelves: 2020-print-book, 2020-i-spy

I love this series more every time I read the newest book and I always think that book is the funniest one so far...only because imho it is! I was laughing out loud at Aunt Ginny and her "biddies'" antics during the senior center's production of Mamma Mia. From going all out spy complete with two-way radios to conning some bikers in a pool game, these ladies while absolutely hilarious were determined to find out how their friend really died during the theater production. And for that I say, "You go, girls!"

Even though I didn't care much for the character of Fiona, I have to admit I got a kick out of her always talking about her precious son Iggy's many master's degrees. It was sort of a running joke through the book (like how Georgina had come up with a bunch of wrong names for Smitty in the previous book). I think Aunt Ginny will always be my favorite character, but we got to know the biddies a lot better in this book and I completely enjoyed that. Even Smitty made a visit. Poppy's friend Sawyer had a sideline mystery going on, and there was another side mystery that completely threw me when I found out who was behind it. I'd never have guessed.

Officer Amber seemed to be mellowing just a little bit. She didn't seem nearly as mean as she was in the first book even though I doubt she'll ever get over getting a little satisfaction out of trying to make Poppy squirm. Poppy gave it right back though--her character has grown a lot since the first book too. As always, I'm anxious for the next in this series!

I voluntarily read and reviewed a paperback ARC of this book provided by the publisher, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Theater Nights Are Murder.

December 31, 2019 – Shelved