Brett Armstrong's Reviews > Fate of the Redeemed

Fate of the Redeemed by Chad Pettit

Recommended for: Fans of spiritual warfare, thrillers, and suspense

From the start, Fate of the Redeemed is an intense and emotional read. Taking place in both the US and Somalia, Mr. Pettit never leaves the reader a breath's space to stop worrying about the protagonists in each sphere. Shifting between the two locations is only jarring at the opening (when it was intended to be based on events) and you find yourself compelled to not just but long for the characters to see through their events to the spiritual component of everything around them. The characters behave much as we would. Their decisions and interactions are so natural and relatable the story becomes a piercing examination of how we so often fail to perceive the implications of the Christian faith lived out daily. Lester Sharp is like most of us resisting blindness to spiritual forces in day-to-day life inculcated by secular Western culture. Ibrahim Dualeh, in turn lives in Khufia, Somalia and daily faces the life-or-death consequences of following Christ in the midst of intense persecution. The way the two story threads so seamlessly merge is itself a testimony to both the author's skill and the power of this story to inform and inspire readers. Hopefully it's able to incite as well. Incite readers to be constant in prayer both for themselves and others local and abroad as we face darkness we cannot see but know is around us. I absolutely recommend this book to fans of spiritual warfare stories and edgy Christian thrillers in the same vein as Frank Perretti.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fate of the Redeemed.

October 5, 2019 – Started Reading