Billie's Reviews > Steel Strings

Steel Strings by Alex  Hayes

Compelled to silence, Brianna is like a cello without strings and must fight to reclaim her voice through the instruments she creates.
Brianna Jones is a nerdy biracial teen who dreams of bringing music to the world via orchestral instruments fashioned out of recycled materials. But she must keep her project secret from her half sister, whose mission in life is to destroy everything Brianna holds dear.
Marek Lakewood is one of the few guys who sees Brianna for whom she really is and has admired her from afar for years. But he’s never been a risk-taker, not since his father was killed on a black diamond ski slope.
When a physics project lands Marek in Brianna’s sphere, he finds himself taking bigger and bigger risks, and discovers Brianna’s life and aspirations are far more complicated than he ever imagined.
Steel Strings is a stand-alone contemporary romance and companion novel to the Chameleon Effect series.

This was an absolute joy to read.
Such a well written plot and story line that had me from the start.
Wonderful well fleshed out characters that were a joy to get to know.
Great world building that added the extra depth to the novel.
Such a brilliant little ya relationship that we follow through the heartache, fears, trials of life.
Really enjoyed and looking forward to reading more!
Recommend reading.

I read a complimentary advance copy of the book; this is my voluntary and honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steel Strings.

Started Reading